Statement Of Purpose:
- To Edify The Body Of Christ
- Ephesians 4:11-16: And He gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors, and teachers; For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ: Till we all come in the unity of faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ: That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive: But speaking the truth in love, may grow up into Him in all things, which is the head, even Christ: From Whom the whole body fitly joined together and compacted by that which every joint supplieth, according to the effectual working in the measure of every part, maketh increase of the body unto the edifying of itself in love.
- We, the Body of Christ, need to build the body up, and not be deceived into doing satan's work of tearing it down. By speaking the truth in love we build it and ourselves up.
- To Overcome The Accuser Of The Brethren
- Revelations 12:11 - And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death.
- Accusation against brethren:
- Attacks (questions) a person's faith, even to declaring them not Christians.
- Attacks (questions) a person's testimony, trying to discredit and nullify their past.
- Attacks (questions) a person's walk, past and present, declaring it unholy.
- We, the Body of Christ, need to recognize an accusation and not do satan's work for him.
- To Lift Up The Hands Of Our Brothers And Sisters In Christ:
- Exodus 17:12 - But Moses' hands were heavy; and they took a stone, and put it under him, and he sat thereon; and Aaron and Hur stayed up his hands, the one on the one side, and the other on the other side; and his hands were steady until the going down of the sun.
- Hebrews 12:12-16 - Wherefore lift up the hands which hang down, and the feeble knees; And make straight paths for your feet, lest that which is lame be turned out of the way; but let it rather be healed. Follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord: Looking diligently lest any man fail of the grace of God; lest any root of bitterness springing up trouble you, and thereby many be defiled.
- I John 4:20,21 - If a man say, I love God, and hateth his brother, he is a liar: for he that loveth not his brother whom he hath seen, how can he love God whom he hath not seen? And this commandment have we from Him, That he who loveth God love his brother also.
- We, the Body of Christ, are called to lift up each other - edify, affirm, support - and be at peace with our brethren. Using the measure of grace given us by God - bitterness counters grace. Love is the standard - how we treat our brethren is really how we feel about God.
- To Follow Christ Jesus, The Head
- John 1:14,17 - And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth. For the Law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ.
- We, the Body of Christ, need to be like our Head, full of grace and truth. Truth without grace is deadly. We need to speak the truth with love.
- We purpose to publish ONLY articles that are full of grace and truth. Thereby edifying the Body of Christ, and building the body up into the Head, Jesus Christ, our Lord and Savior. Amen.
Jacqueline L. Davis
Editor, The Edifier
FOR THE EDIFYING OF THE BODY OF CHRIST EPHESIANS 4:12c
© 1998, The Elijah Fellowship International
Updated: May 23, 2011
Created: October 4, 1999