GIFTINGS - MANIFESTATIONS
- And there are diversities of operations, but it is the same God, which worketh all in all. But the manifestations of the Spirit is given to every man to profit withal. I Corinthians 12:6,7
- God 2316 Theos :- same supreme divinity.
- Operations 1755 energema from 1754 an effect :- operation, working.
- 1754 energeo from 1756 to be active, efficient :- do, be effectual (fervent), be mighty in, shew forth self, work effectually in.
- 1756 energes from 1722 and 2041 active, operative :- effectual, powerful.
- 1722 en primary verb denoting position and instrumentally, i.e. a relation of rest.
- 2041 ergon primary verb to work, toil by implication an act :- deed, doing, labor, work.
- Manifestations 5321 phanerosis from 5319 an exhibition, i.e. an expression, a bestowment.
- To present as a gift, with on or upon.
- To apply.
- 5319 phaneroo from 5318 to render apparent, appear, manifestly declare, make manifest, show self.
- 5318 phaneros from 5316 shining, i.e. apparent, public, externally, appear, known, manifest openly outward (-ly).
- 5316 phaino from the base 5457 to lighten (shine), i.e. to show :- appear, seem, shine, think.
- 5457 phos to shine or make manifest, especially by rays, luminousness :- fire, light.
- For to one is given by the Spirit, the word of wisdom; to another the word of knowledge by the same Spirit; to another faith by the same Spirit; to another the gifts of healing by the same Spirit; to another the working of miracles; to another prophecy; to another discerning of spirits; to another divers kinds of tongues; to another interpretation of tongues: but all these worketh that one and the same Spirit, dividing to every man severally as He will. I Corinthians 12:8-11
- Spirit 4151 pneuma breath, figuratvely Spirit :- God, Christ's Spirit, Holy Spirit.
- The energema phanerosis are:
- The gifts of revelation - power to know.
- Word of wisdom.
- Word of knowledge.
- Discerning of spirits.
- The gifts of power - power to do.
- Gift of faith.
- Gifts of healing.
- Working of miracles.
- The gifts of inspiration - power to speak.
- Gift of prophecy.
- Gift of tongues.
- Interpretation of tongues.
BACK TO: Perfecting of the Saints; Giftings; EFI; THE EDIFIER
For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ, Ephesians 4:12
© 1981, Jacqueline L. Davis
WWW © 1999, EFI