IN HIS IMAGE -
- Deuteronomy 4:44, 45 - And this is the law which Moses set before the children of Israel: These are the testimonies, and the statutes, and the judgements, which Moses spake unto the children of Israel, after they came forth out of Egypt.
- Psalm 1:1 - Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful.
- Psalm 16:11 - Thou wilt shew me path of life: For thy presence in fulness of joy; at thy right hand there are pleasures for evermore.
- Psalm 19: 7,8,9 - The law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul; the testimony of the Lord is sure, making wise the simple. The statutes of the Lord are right rejoicing the heart; the commandment of the Lord is pure, enlightening the eyes. The fear of the Lord is clean, enduring forever: the judgments of the Lord are true and righteous altogether.
- Psalm 51:17 - The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit: a broken and contrite heart, O God, thou wilt not despise.
- Psalm 78:4-8 - We will not hide them from their children, shewing to the generation to come the praises of the Lord, and his strength, and his wonderful works that he hath done. For he established a testimony in Jacob, and appointed a law in Israel, which he commanded our fathers, that they should make them known to their children: That the generation to come might know them, even the children which should be born; who should arise and declare them to their children: That they might set their hope in God, and not forget the works of God, but keep his commandments: and might not be as their fathers, a stubborn and rebellious generation; a generation that set not their hearts aright, and whose spirit was not steadfast with God.
- Proverbs 2:8,9 - He keepeth the paths of judgment, and preserveth the way of his saints. Then shalt thou understand righteousness, and judgment, and equity, yea, every good path.
- Proverbs 3:19,20 - By wisdom God founded the earth, by understanding hath he established the heavens. By knowledge the depths are broken up and the clouds drop down the dew.
- Proverbs 24:3,4 - Through wisdom is an house builded; and by understanding it is established; and by knowledge shall the chambers be filled with all precious and pleasant riches.
- Isaiah 11:2-5 - And the Spirit of the Lord shall rest upon him, the Spirit of wisdom and understanding, the Spirit of counsel and might, the Spirit of knowledge and of the fear of the Lord; and shall make him quick understanding in the fear of the Lord and he shall not judge after the sight of his eyes, neither reprove after the hearing of his ears. But with righteousness shall he judge the poor, and reprove with equity for the meek of the earth: and he shall smite the earth with the rod of his mouth, and with the breath of his lips shall he slay the wicked and righteousness shall be the girdle of his loins, and faithfulness the girdle of his reins.
- Isaiah 33:22 - For the Lord is our judge, the Lord is our lawgiver, the Lord is our King; he will save us.
- Isaiah 43:5,6,7 - Fear not: for I am with thee: I will bring thy seed from the east, and gather thee from the west; I will say to the north, Give up; and to the south, keep not back: bring my sons from far, and my daughters from the ends of the earth; even every one that is called by my name: for I have created him for my glory, I have formed him: yea, I have made him.
- Isaiah 52:7 - How beautiful upon the mountains are the feet of him that bringeth good tidings, that publisheth pace; that bringeth good tidings of good, that publisheth salvation; that saith unto Zion, Thy God reigneth!
- Isaiah 53:3-5 - He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquaintned with grief: and we his as it were our faces from him; he was despised, and we esteemed him not. Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows; yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted.But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities; the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.
- Isaiah 61:1-3 - The Spirit of the Lord God is upon me; because the Lord hath anointed me to preach good tidings unto the meek; he hath sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to them that are bound; To proclaim the acceptable year of the Lord and the day of vengeance of our God; to comfort all that mourn ; To appoint unto them that mourn in Zion, to give unto them beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning, the garments of praise for the spirit of heaviness; that they might be called trees of righteousness, the planting of the Lord,that he might be glorified.
- Matthew 11:28-30 - Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn of me; For I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.
- Luke 2:52 - And Jesus increases in wisdom and stature, and in favour with God and man.
- Luke 23:35,36,37,39 - And the people stood beholding. And the rulers also with them derided him, saying, He saved others; let him save himself, if he be Christ, the chosen of God. And the soldiers also mocked him, coming to him, and offering him vinegar, and saying, If thou be the King of the Jews, save thyself...And one of the malefactors which were hanged railed on him, saying, If thou be Christ, save thyself and us.
- John 14:6 - Jesus saith unto him I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man come the unto the Father but by me.
- John 16:8-11 - And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of right-eousness, and of judgment of sin because they believe not on me; of righteousness, because I go to my Father, and ye see me no more; of judgment, because the prince of this world is judged.
- I Corinthians 1:26-29 - For ye see your calling, brethren, how that not many wise men after the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called: But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things that are mighty; and the base things of the world, and things which are despised, hath God chosen, yea, and things which are not to bring to nought things that are: That no flesh should glory in his presence.
- I Corinthians 10:23,24 - All things are lawful of for me, but all things are not expedient: all things are lawful to me, but all things edify not. Let no man seek his own, but every man another's wealth.
- Ephesians 5:9 - For the fruit of the Spirit is in all goodness, righteousness and truth;
- Ephesians 5:19, 20 - Speaking to yourselves in psalms and hymns an and spiritual songs, singing and making melody in your heart to the Lord; Giving thanks always for all things unto God and the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ;
- Philippians 4:6 - Be careful for nothing; but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.
- Colossians 3:16,17 - Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom; teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord. And whatsoever ye do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by him.
- I Timothy 1:5 - Now the end of the commandment is charity out of a pure heart, and of a good conscience, and of faith unfeigned.
- Hebrews 4:12-16 - For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart. Neither is there any creature that is not manifest in his sight: but all things are naked and opened unto the eyes of him with whom we have to do. Seeing then that we have a great high priest, that is passed into the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our profession. For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like we are, yet without sin. Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.
- James 1:19, 20 - Wherefore, my beloved brethren, let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath: For the wrath to man worketh not the righteousness of God.
- I Peter 2:9 - But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light:
BACK TO: Perfecting of the Saints; In His Image; EFI; THE EDIFIER
For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ, Ephesians 4:12
© 1992, Jacqueline L. Davis
WWW © 1999, EFI