- Intercession involves burden bearing.
- Carrying of burdens involves taking on the weakness of the individual, 'family' unit, or corporate unit.
- Lust of the eyes, lust of the flesh, pride of life.
- Burden-bearing includes taking on the 'personality' of the one prayed for - living out the reactions of the one prayed for - so that the one prayed for can come face to face with their self and their flesh.
- The guardian angel of the one prayed for will accurately manifest how 'his charge' would react in any given scenario.
- Forsakenness may be felt because God the Father cannot look on burden- bearer - Father sees Jesus on the cross in the person and must look away.
- Holy Spirit still communicates with the burden-bearer to comfort and encourage him.
- Jesus will communicate with the burden-bearer about the ministry of suffering.
- Groaning and travail.
- Groaning is the Spirit praying when we don't know what to pray. II Corinthians 10:14
- Travail - Galatians 4:19; Isaiah 66:7,8; Isaiah 53:11; John 16:21.
- When a woman gives birth to a child, she travails. John 16:21
- Burdens are conceived as a child is and are born with travail.
- Zion travailed and brought forth children. Isaiah 66:7,8
- Paul travailed for the Galatians until they were mature. Galatians 4:19
- Christ travailed - pouring out His soul unto death.
- Three stages of a burden - three stages of a baby's growth within the womb.
- First trimester - burden is light - conscious of its growth but not heavy or uncomfortable.
- Second trimester - burden begins to get heavy and we begin to get uncomfortable under it.
- Third trimester - burden very heavy, ever aware of its presence - travail begins.
- Three stages of travail - similar to stages of labor.
- Muscle contractions can occur causing muscle strain, pain, and fatigue.
- Travail progresses from light to moderate to heavy.
- Release comes when the burden is birthed.
- Holy Spirit (through Himself and the angels) then sets up the scenarios necessary for the subject of the burden to learn what the burden accomplished.
- Psalm 91:11 - For He shall give His angels charge over thee, to keep thee in all thy ways.
BACK TO: Perfecting of the Saints; Intercession; EFI; THE EDIFIER
For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ, Ephesians 4:12
© 1992, Jacqueline L. Davis
WWW © 1999, EFI