- Ephesians 6:18 - Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching there unto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints.
- Praying 4336 from 4314+2172; to pray to God, ie. supplicate, worship.
- 4314 forward to, toward.
- 2172 to wish, by impl. to pray to God :- pray, will.
- Prayer 4335 from 4336; prayer (worship), by impl. an oratory (chapel):- pray earnestly.
- Supplication 1162 from 1189; a petition :- prayer, request.
- 1189 from 1210; to beg (as binding oneself),ie. petition :- beseech, pray (to), make request.
- 1210 to bind :- bind, be in bonds, knit, tie, wind.
- Perseverance 4343 from 4342; persistency.
- 4342 from 4314+2594; to be earnest towards, ie. (to a thing) to persevere, be constantly diligent, to adhere closely to.
- 4314 forward to, ie. toward, pertaining to.
- 2594 from 2904; to be strong, ie. stedfast (patient):- endure.
- 2904 vigor (great):- dominion, might, power, strength.
- Watching 69 from 1+5258; to be sleepless, ie. keep awake :- watch.
- 1 the first, union.
- 5258 sleep, ie. spiritual torpor :- sleep.
- Philippians 1:4 - Always in every prayer of mine for you all making request with joy.
- Philippians 4:6 - Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God.
- Forward all oratory to God always.
- Request in the Spirit.
- Keep awake - be alert.
- Be earnest toward the brethren.
- Request for all saints.
- Spiritual warfare has three parts:
- The enemy - Satan and his cohorts - not people.
- Arming the warrior:
- Paul - girdle of truth & breastplate of righteousness.
- John - shoes of peace & shield of faith.
- Peter - helmet of salvation & sword of the Spirit.
- Battle orders:
- Stand, withstand, stand, stand.
- Quench the fiery darts of the Satan.
- Pray with prayer and supplication in the Spirit.
- Watch with all earnestness and petition for all the saints.
- True spiritual warfare can only be done by those strong in the Lord - whose flesh has been dealt with.
- True spiritual warfare is done only in the power of the Spirit - no flesh can succeed in this war.
BACK TO: Perfecting of the Saints; Intercession; EFI; THE EDIFIER
For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ, Ephesians 4:12
© 1993, Jacqueline L. Davis
WWW © 1999, EFI