Ephesians 6:12 - For we wrestle (2076, 3823) not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, and against rulers of the darkness of this world, against
spiritual wickedness in high places.
- For we wrestle not against flesh and blood,:
- Wrestle 2076, 3823:
- 2076 esti (he, she, or it) is; they are
- 3823 pallo to vibrate (another form of 906); wrestling
- 906 ballo prim verb; to throw (in various applications, more or less violent or intense):- arise, cast (out), lay, lie, pour, put (up), send, strike, throw (down), thrust.
- Don't cast against, throw against, vibrate against flesh and blood (people).
- but against principalities,:
- Principalities have dominion over one area depending on which army (see - Deliverance).
- Prince of Persia, Daniel 10:20.
- Prince of Grecia, Daniel 10:20.
- Militarily - Private.
- against powers,:
- Powers have dominion over many principalities.
- Militarily - Captain.
- against rulers of darkness of this world,:
- Rulers have dominion over many powers.
- Militarily - Generals, Kings - King of Persia, Daniel 10:20.
- against spiritual wickedness in high places.:
- Have dominion over the earth - walkers - walk about causing accidents, afflictions, distresses.
- I Peter 5:8,9 - Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour: whom resist stedfast in the faith, knowing that the same afflictions are accomplished in your brethren that are in the world.
- Lying spirit:
- I Kings 22:22,23 - And the Lord said unto him, 'Wherewith?' and he said, 'I will go forth, and I will be a lying spirit in the mouth of all his prophets. And He said, 'Thou shalt persuade him, and prevail also: go forth, and do so.' Now therefore, behold, the Lord hath put a lying spirit in the mouth of all these thy prophets, and the Lord hath spoken evil concerning thee.
- Messenger to buffet:
- II Corinthians 12:7 - And lest I should be exalted above measure through the abundance of the revelations, there was given me a thorn in the flesh, the messenger of Satan to buffet me, lest I should be exalted above measure.
- Acts 14:22 - Confirming the souls of the disciples, and exhorting them to continue in the faith, and that we must through much tribulation enter into the kingdom of God.
- I Peter 4:12,19 - Beloved, think it not strange concerning the fiery trial which is to try you, as though some strange thing happened unto you:...Wherefore let them that suffer according to the will of God commit the keeping of their souls to Him in well doing, as unto a faithful Creator.
- Have dominion in the heavenlies - all gods of countries in the Bible are spirits of wickedness in high places:
- Baal - means lord, possessor, husband.
- Male god of Phoenicians and Canaanites - counterpart to the female Asherah.
- Connected with immorality, Numbers 25:1,3,5.
- Incense burned to, II Kings 23:5; Jeremiah 7:9.
- Kissing the image of, I Kings 19:18; Hosea 13:1,2.
- Dervish rites by priest, I Kings 18:26,28
- Burning sons to, Jeremiah 19:5.
- Eating sacrifices to, Psalm 106:28.
- Baalism - polytheism:
- Baal-beer, lord of the well, I Chronicles 4:33.
- Baal-berith, lord of the covenant, Judges 8:33.
- Baal-gad, lord of good fortune, Joshua 11:17.
- Baal-hazor, lord of a village, II Samuel 13:23.
- Baal-hermon, lord of Hermon, Judges 3:3.
- Baal-meon, lord of Meon, Ezekiel 25:9.
- Baal-peor, lord of Peor, Numbers 25:1-5.
- Baal-perazim, lord of breaking through, II Samuel 5:18-20.
- Baal-shalisha, lord of Shalisha, II Kings 4:42-44.
- Baal-tamar, lord of the palm, Judges 20:33.
- Baal-zebub, lord of the flies, II Kings 1:2.
- Baal-zephon, lord of darkness, Exodus 14:2,9.
- Worship today - black witchcraft.
- Asherah - means 'groves' (also known as Astarte, now Isis).
- Female counterpart of Baal - goddess of the Phoenicians and Arameans.
- Curtains hung in the groves, II Kings 23:7.
- Vessels made for, II Kings 23:4.
- Worship in the trees, Deuteronomy 16:21.
- Cut and burn down groves, Deuteronomy 12:3; Exodus 34:13.
- Goddess of love, fertility, and war.
- Worshipped by Philistines, I Samuel 31:10.
- Worshipped by Zidonians, I Kings 11:5,33.
- Worship today - white witchcraft (Wicca), nature worship, prostitution.
- Molech - means king.
- God of Ammon, I Kings 11:7.
- Worship - human sacrifice, II Kings 23:10.
- Children passed through the fire, Deuteronomy 12:31; Leviticus 20:2-4.
- Today's worship - Satanism, abortion, child abuse, rape - kill and dismember.
- Chemosh - means fire, hearth.
- God of Moab, Numbers 21:29.
- Children sacrificed, II Kings 3:26,27.
- Today's worship - loss of virginity, rape, rape and kill.
- Dagon - means fish.
- God of Philistines, Judges 16:23.
- Image falls before Ark, I Samuel 5:1-5.
- Samson in temple, Judges 16:23-30.
- Today's worship - drugs, addictions.
BACK TO: Perfecting of the Saints; Intercession; EFI; THE EDIFIER
For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ, Ephesians 4:12
© 1993, Jacqueline L. Davis
WWW © 1999, EFI