Deuteronomy 18:10-12,18,19 - There shall not be found among you anyone that maketh his son or his daughter to pass through the fire, or that useth divination, or an observer of times, or an enchanter, or a witch. Or a charmer, or a consulter with familiar spirits, or a wizard, or a necromancer. For all that do these things are an abomination unto the Lord: And because of these abominations the Lord thy God doth drive them out from before thee...I will raise them up a Prophet from among their brethren, like unto thee, and will put my words in his mouth; and he shall speak unto them all that I shall command him. And it shall come to pass, that whosoever will not hearken unto my words which he shall speak in my name, I will require it of him.
- Satan creates nothing - he corrupts tools and things that Father God put here for the use of man.
- When Satan corrupts something, christians refuse to touch or use the tool or thing - throwing the baby out with the bath water.
- The tool or thing is not what is bad, evil - just Satan's corruption of it is evil.
- Gravity works no matter who uses it.
- Elijah used the same tools as the Baal prophets at Mt. Carmel in I Kings 18:17-40.
- Tools are neutral - a hammer is a hammer no matter who uses it.
- Corruption versus what is pure, true, holy.
- Familiar spirits counterfeit of guardian angels. Matthew 18:10; Acts 12:15
- Demonic possession counterfeit of angelic enjoining. Psalm 91:11
- Extra sensory perception counterfeit of the angelic spiritual telegraph wires (a form of prophesy) [prophesy - chazah 2374 to gaze at, perceive].
- Witch counterfeit of prophetess. Deut. 18
- Necromancy counterfeit of company of witnesses. Hebrews 10:28
- Divination counterfeit of the manifestations of God. I Cor. 12:8-10
- Enchanter (whisperer of a magic spell) counterfeit of confessing the word (presumption versus truth). Matt. 17:20
- Charmer (to join by means of spells, to fascinate :- have fellowship with, couple together [a society] counterfeits fellowship between believers (manipulation versus love). Hebrews 10:25
- Wizard (a knowing one) counterfeits prophet. Deut. 18
- Psychic (user of soul energy) counterfeits believer using Spirit energy. Gal. 5:16-18
- Heresy hunters in the church (accusers of the brethren) counterfeits the real work of clarifying truth. II Tim. 2:15
- Cultic ecstaticism counterfeits spiritual passion. Matthew 26:36-46
- Cultic raving counterfeits spiritual travail. Galatians 4:19
- Fortune telling counterfeits prophesy (naba' prim. root to prophesy, to speak or sing [by inspiration]) Deut. 18:18,19
- Prophetic manner: (see The Elijah Task, John and Paula Sandford)
- Actions and words:
- Brazenness - woman at the well - John 4:6-42.
- Parables for self judgment - Nathan and David - II Samuel 12:1-12.
- Object lessons - disguise and smiting - I Kings 20:35-43.
- Intercession - Ezekiel 4:4-8.
- Performing signs - the whole book of Ezekiel.
- Pronouncing judgment - Ezekiel 3:17-19.
- Parables for insight - Ezekiel.
- Prophetic calling of another minister - I Kings 19:19-21.
- Receiving signs - I Kings 19:9-18.
- Prophesying - all writing prophets recorded.
- Preaching by action and word - all prophets.
- Affecting the earth - drought and rain - I Kings 17:1; I Kings 18:41-46.
- Dreams - given during sleep - Deut. 13:1.
- Visions - given when awake - Acts 2:14.
- Parables - stories told in pun form - Jesus and the soils - Matthew 13:1-23.
- Dark speech - indirect speech - woman at the well - John 4:6-42.
- Double entendres - symbols - II Kings 13:14-19.
- Direct speech - Deut. 4:25-40.
- Insight into spirit realm - Balaam, Numbers 22:27,28; Micaiah, I Kings 22:13-28.
- Intercession - Ezekiel lying on his side - Ezekiel 4:4-8.
- Angels - Elisha and angels - II Kings 6:13-17.
- Spiritual warfare - Elisha and Syrian army - II Kings 6:18-23.
BACK TO: Perfecting of the Saints; Intercession; EFI; THE EDIFIER
For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ, Ephesians 4:12
© 1993, Jacqueline L. Davis
WWW © 1999, EFI