INTRODUCTION TO GIFTINGS
- Reason for this course:
I Corinthians 12:1 - Now concerning spiritual gifts, brethren, I would not have you ignorant.
- What are spiritual gifts?
- Now there are diversities of gifts, but the same Spirit. (4151) Pneuma
- and there are differences of administrations, but it is the same Lord, (2962) Kurios
- and there are diversities of operations, but it is the same God (2316) Theos
- which worketh all in all. But the manifestations of the Spirit is given every man to profit withal. I Corinthians 12:4-7
- Three classifications of gifts:
- Diversities of Gifts but the same Spirit - Baptism of the Holy Spirit - (salvation) - Holy Spirit's gifts - listed in Romans 12:6-8.
- Differences of Administrations but the same Lord - Baptism of suffering (the cross, ministry out of suffering - Mark 10:35-45; Matt. 20:22-28; Luke 12:49,50; *I Cor. 1:4-6) - gifts of the Lord Jesus - listed in Eph. 4:11.
- Diversities of Operations but the same God - Designs of the heart. [IN HIS IMAGE]
- Manifestations of the Sprirt - Father God's gifts - Baptism in the Spirit (the power) - gifts of God the Father - listed in I Cor. 12:8-11.
- Word of wisdom
- Word of knowledge
- Discerning of spirits
- Gift of faith
- Gifts of healing
- Working of miracles
- Prophecy (gift of prophecy)
- Interpretation of tongues
BACK TO: Perfecting of the Saints; Giftings; EFI; THE EDIFIER
For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ, Ephesians 4:12
© 1981, Jacqueline L. Davis
WWW © 1999, EFI