BACK TO THE GARDEN
JUDGMENT IN THE GARDEN
Genesis 3:14,15 - And the Lord God said unto the serpent, Because thou hast done this, thou art cursed above all cattle, and above every beast of the field; upon thy belly shalt thou go, and dust shall thou eat all the days of thy life: and I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed: it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.
- Enmity - hatred :- hostility, antagonism, animosity.
- Principle - judgment on lust of the eyes.
- Cursed instead of blessed.
- Eat dust - ashes - depression.
- Enmity between John and Paul.
- John will bruise Paul's heel - false restraint on Paul.
- Paul will bruise John's head - devalue John.
Genesis 3:16 - Unto the woman He said, I will greatly multiply thy sorrow (a) and thy conception: in sorrow (b) thou shalt bring forth children and thy desire shall be to thy husband, and he will rule over thee.
- Sorrow (a) - worrisome, ie. labor or pain.
- Sorrow (b) - an earthen vessel, usually painful toil, also a pang (body or mind) :- infirmity.
- Sorrow - root of a & b - to carve, ie. fabricate or fashion, hence to worry, pain or anger :- labor.
- Fashioned by sorrow - suffering.
- Desire - original sense of stretching out after; a longing - from the root word meaning to run after or over, ie. overflow.
- Rule - to rule :- have dominion over.
- Principle - judgment on lust of the flesh.
- Great suffering in life - hated instead of loved - feed on pain = passion.
- Great suffering to produce fruit - work will produce pain - be source of suffering.
- Desire will rule life.
- Longing will dominate life.
- Must let love rule life.
- Focus longing on God - release love to people.
Genesis 3:17-19 - And unto Adam He said, Because thou hast hearkened unto the voice of thy wife, and hast eaten of the tree, of which I commanded thee, saying, Thou shalt not eat of it: cursed is the ground for thy sake; in sorrow shalt thou eat of it all the days of thy life; Thorns also and thistles shall it bring forth to thee, and thou shalt eat the herb of the field; In the sweat of thy face shalt thou eat bread, til thou return unto the ground: for out of it wert thou taken: for dust thou art, and unto dust thou wilt return.
- Cursed - to execrate :- bitterly curse.
- Sorrow - worrisome, ie. labor or pain :- toil, sorrow.
- Thorn - a pricking; a thorn.
- Thistle - a thorn :- thistle.
- Herb - to glisten (or be green); grass (or any tender shoot).
- Principle - judgment on pride of life.
- Disobeyed God - listened to people.
- Cursed is work, work place, performance.
- Cursed with striving until die - sweat.
- Failure instead of a success.
BACK TO: Perfecting of the Saints; Back to the Garden; EFI; THE EDIFIER
For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ, Ephesians 4:12
© 1992, Jacqueline L. Davis
WWW © 1999, EFI