MOTIVATIONAL GIFTS - INTRODUCTION
- Diversities of gifts (5486) - but the same Spirit... (4151) Pneuma - breath.
- Gifts (5486) is found in the following verses:
Rom. 1:11; Rom. 5:15,16; Rom. 6:23; Rom. 12:6; Rom. 11:29; I Cor. 7:7; I Cor. 12:1,4; I Cor. 13:2; II Cor. 8:4; I Tim. 4:14; I Pet. 4:10
- Gift - definition from Strongs Concordance.
- 5486 charisma from 5483 - a divine gratuity (spec.) a spiritual endowment.
- Divine gratuity - deliverance from danger or passion.
- Inner motivation dictates outward actions.
- Before born again, flesh controls and motivates the soul. (Gal. 5:16-21; Matt. 5:28; Matt. 6:22,23)
- Spiritual endowment - religious qualifications or miraculous faculty.
- Endow - to furnish or equip with gifts.
- 5483 charizoma from 5485 - to grant as a favor, ie. gratuitously, in kindness, pardon, or rescue, deliver, frankly forgive, freely give, grant
- 5485 charis from 5463 - graciousness of manner or action, specifically the divine influence upon the heart, and its reflection in the life, (including gratitude) :- acceptable, benefit, favor, gift, grace (-ious), joy, liberality, pleasure, thanks
Romans 6:23 - But the gift of God is eternal life through Christ our Lord.
- 5463 chairo, prim. verb - to be cheeriful, ie. calmly happy or well off; joy (fully); rejoice
- Motivational Giftings:
- The Holy Spirit endows us with a gift that becomes our motivation, our lifestyle, our drive of soul.
- When born again, we receive our motive gift.
- Everyone is to concentrate on the gift given him, not possible if given more than one gift. Rom. 12:3-8
I Tim. 4:14 - Neglect not the gift that is within thee, which was given thee by prophecy with the laying on of the hands by the presbyter.
- Neglect not the gift.
- Given 1325 didomi, prim. verb to bestow, bring forth, deliver up, shew, yield, give
- All seven gifts show forth the fullness of the Holy Spirit.
These things saith he that hath the seven Spirits of God, and the seven stars. Rev. 3:1
And there were seven lamps of fire burning before the throne, which were the seven Spirits of God. Rev. 4:5,6
- This gift is without repentance. Rom. 1:29
Without 278 ametaletos - irrevocable, not to be repented of
- All gifts are given by grace.
Having then gifts differing according to the grace that is given to us... Rom. 12:6
According to the grace of God which is given unto me..." I Cor. 3:10
- This gift permeates our temperament to bring offenses to justification.
- But the free gift (5486) is of many offenses (3900) unto justification (1345)....Rom. 5:15,16
- Gift 5486 charisma
- Offenses 3900 paratoma, a side slip (lapse or deviation) ie. unintentional error or willful transgression :- fall, fault, sin, trespass, offense
- Justification 1345 dikaloma, from 1344 an equitable deed, a statute or decision :- judgment, justification, ordinance,
- 1344 difaioo, from 1342 to render, ie. show or regard as just or innocent
Rom. 6:16 - Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death or obedience unto righteousness.
Gal. 5:16,17 - This I say then, walk in the Spirit, and ye will not fulfill the lust of flesh. For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh; and these are contrary the one to the other; so that ye cannot do the things that ye would.
- This war produces the Peniel experience which when completed produces the fruit of the Spirit listed in
- Having then gifts differing according to the grace that is given us whether prophecy, let us prophesy according to the proportion of faith; or ministry, let us wait on our ministering; or he that teacheth, on teaching; or he that exhorteth, on exhortation; he that giveth, let him do it with simplicity; he that ruleth, with diligence; he that showeth mercy, with cheerfulness. Romans 12:6-8
- Discerning Spiritual Gifts, Institute In Basic Youth Conflicts
- Seven Gifts To Success, tapes, Marilyn Hickey
BACK TO: Perfecting of the Saints; Giftings; EFI; THE EDIFIER
For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ, Ephesians 4:12
© 1981, Jacqueline L. Davis
WWW © 1999, EFI