Prophetic counseling - definition - clearing the eye of the believer
*Isaiah 61:1-3 - The Spirit of the Lord is upon me: because the Lord hath anointed me to preach good news unto the meek: He hath sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to them that are bound, to proclaim the acceptable year of the Lord, and the day of vengeance of our God: to comfort all that mourn: to appoint unto them that mourn in Zion, to give unto them beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning, the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness; that they might be called trees of righteousness, the planting of the Lord, that He might be glorified.
- Preach good news unto the meek:
- Bind up the brokenhearted - Inner Healing - IN HIS IMAGE.
- Proclaim liberty to the captives - PROPHETIC COUNSELING.
- Open the prison to them that are bound - The Cross - Sanctification and Transformation - THE WAY OF THE CROSS; PROPHETIC COUNSELING.
- Comfort all that mourn, appoint unto them, give them, remove the effects of mourning:
- Beauty for ashes - the tree of life for the tree of death for John.
- Oil of joy for mourning - merry heart for broken peace in Paul.
- Garment of praise for spirit of heaviness - worshp and praise for the heavy laden Peter.
- *Isaiah 40:1-5 - 'Comfort ye, comfort ye my people, saith your God. 'Speak ye comfortably to Jerusalem, and cry unto her, that her warfare is accomplished, that her iniquity is pardoned for she hath received of the Lord's hand double for all her sins. The voice of him that crieth in the wilderness, prepare ye the way of the Lord, make straight in the desert a highway for our God. Every valley shall be exalted, and every mountain and hill made low: and the crooked shall be made straight, and the rough places plain. And the glory of the Lord shall be revealed, and all flesh shall see it together:' for the mouth of the Lord hath spoken it.
- Prepare ye the way of the Lord:
- Every valley (broken spirit) shall be exalted (healed).
- Every mountain and hill (strength of flesh) shall be made low (the cross deathblow).
- The crooked (deceitful heart) shall be made straight (Christ's heart, image).
- And the rough places (fail of grace) made plain (righteous and holy).
- *Mark 9:23,24 - Jesus said unto him, 'If thou can believe all things are possible to him that believeth.' And straightway the father of the child crieth out, and said with tears, 'Lord, I believe; help thou mine unbelief.'
- *Matthew 6:22 - The lamp of the body is the eye: if therefore your eye is clear, your whole body will be full of light. (eye - the way we interpret life)
- Salvation of the soul - transformation - Lord, I believe, help my unbelief:
- Faith comes by hearing the word of God - flesh refuses to hear the word of God.
- Unbelief must be removed - Ezekiel 36:26b - I will take away the stony heart of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.
- Goal of prophetic counseling is to transform the soul of the believer - three things are applied and/or dealt with:
- God's word.
- Man's flesh.
- Satan's interference.
BACK TO: Perfecting of the Saints; Prophetic Counseling; EFI; THE EDIFIER
For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ, Ephesians 4:12
© 1990, Jacqueline L. Davis
WWW © 1999, EFI