- Deliverance - proclaim liberty to the captives.
- Setting the captives of demons free. Isaiah 46:1,2
- Unsaved can be held captive (possessed) in the spirit, soul (mind, will, and emotions), and body.
- Saved cannot be held captive (possessed) in the spirit, but can be oppressed in the soul and in the body.
- Manifestation of the working of miracles gift - is not a ministry gift.
- Jesus says casting out devils is working of miracles in Mark 9:38,39.
- Phillip worked a miracle of casting out unclean spirits in Acts 8:6,7.
- Sign of believers in Mark 16:17.
- Hindrances to deliverance:
- Deuteronomy 11:28 - And a curse, if ye will not obey the commandments of the Lord your God, but turn aside out of the way which I command you this day, to go after other gods, which ye have not known.
- I Corinthians 10:20,21 - But I say, that the things which the Gentiles sacrifice, they sacrifice to devils, and not to God: and I would not that ye should have fellowship with devils. Ye cannot drink the cup of the Lord, and the cup of devils: ye can not be partakers of the Lord's table, and of the table of devils.
- Wounded spirit:
- Proverbs 18:14 - Spirit of a man will sustain his infirmity: but a wounded spirit who can bear.
- Demonic inheritance:
- Exodus 20:5 - Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the Lord thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me.
- Demon passed because of sin of ancestor but does not take control until person has yielded to the curse temptation of his/her ancestors.
- It is necessary that the demonic inheritance that has been passed down from the sin of ancestors be broken and demon bound so that they cannot interfere with the person seeking freedom.
- These demons must be bound so that they will not be passed to descendants.
- Demon addressed by family not individual name except the familiar spirits.
- Satan has three main army types:
- Spirits desiring embodiment.
- Spirits who cause accidents - walkers - spirits walking the earth to caused trouble (I Peter 5:8).
- Wickedness in high places - controlling the heavens.
- Ranks are the same although sphere of work is different, therefore, responsibilities are different and power is different.
- Ranks in the satanic realm:
- Ephesians 6:12 - For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
- For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities,
- Principalities control one area.
- Embodiment principalities are Satan's foot soldiers - equivalent to privates in an army; example, principality of flu.
- against powers,
- Powers control many areas - have many principalities under them - equivalent to captains in an army.
- Embodiment powers are Satan's captains; example, the power of sickness - they can be very strong.
- against the rulers of darkness of this world,
- Rulers are equivalent to generals and have many powers under their control.
- Before man's salvation, embodiment rulers can reign in man's darkened spirit - demonic possession.
- After man becomes saved, the ruler is dethroned and pushed into man's soul (mind, will, emotions), and body - demonic oppression.
- against spiritual wickedness in high places.
- Spiritual wickedness in high places are the princes, powers, and kings over cities, counties, states, countries, etc.
- Examples - Prince of Persia, Daniel 10:20; Prince of Grecia, Daniel 10:20; King of Persia, Daniel 10:13.
- All gods of countries in the Bible are indeed princes, powers, and kings (rulers).
- Baal, god of Phoencians, witchcraft and prostitution are this god's worship.
- Molech, god of Ammonites (Ammonites descend from incest relationship), abortion and human sacrifice (rape, torture, kill, and dismember victim) are this god's worship.
- Dagon, god of Philistines, addictions (drink, drugs, foods, etc.) are this god's worship.
- Chemosh, god of Moabites (Moabites descend from incest relationship), loss of virginity (sexual permissiveness), and rape, and rape and kill the victim are this god's worship.
For further study, see: Spiritual Forces, a teaching from: Intercession & Spiritual Warfare
BACK TO: Perfecting of the Saints; Prophetic Counseling; EFI; THE EDIFIER
For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ, Ephesians 4:12
© 1982, Jacqueline L. Davis
WWW © 1999, EFI