Galatians 5:16 - This I say then, walk in the Spirit, and ye will not fulfill the lust of the flesh.
- Spirit versus flesh.
- Galatians 5:24,25 - And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts. If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.
- *Romans 8:2,4-8,12,13 - For the Law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death...That the righteousness of the Law might be fulfilled in us who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit. For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit. For to be carnally minded is death; but to be Spiritually minded is life and peace. Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the Law of God, neither indeed can be. So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God...Therefore, brethren, we are debtors, not to the flesh. For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live.
- Romans 6:16 - Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death or of obedience unto righteousness.
- Works of the flesh:
- Galatians 5:19-21 - Now the works of the flesh are manifested, which are these: adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness, Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance (strife), emulations (jealousy), wrath, strife (rivalries), seditions, heresies, Envyings, murderers, drunkenness, revellings, etc.
- Works 2041 ergon prim. verb, to work, toil by implication an act :- deed, doing, labor, work - root word for operations.
- Manifestations 5318 phaneros from 5313, shining ie., apparent, public, externally, appear, known, manifest openly, outwardly - one of the root words for manifestations.
- Progression of sin:
- Psalm 19:12,13 - Who can understand his errors? Cleanse thou me from secret faults. Keep back thy servant from presumptuous sins. Let them not have dominion over me. Then shall I be upright, and I shall be innocent from the great transgression.
- Who can understand his errors?
- God is the only one who knows what our errors are.
- Errors are sins that we commit in ignorance; example - taking that first drink when the family has a history of alcoholism.
- Cleanse thou me from secret faults.
- Secret faults are things that we know are wrong but we do them any way and hide the fact that we are doing them; example - person drinking and hiding the bottle.
- Here is where demonic inheritance demons take over a curse temptation.
- Keep back thy servant from presumptuous sin.
- Sin is now flaunted - it has become the lifestyle.
- Conscience is becoming seared; example - alcoholic flaunting his habit, no longer caring who sees him.
- Let them not have dominion over me.
- Addiction occurs at the presumptuous stage of sin.
- This is where non-demonic inheritance demons enter and take over a flesh sin; example - person is now a full-fedged alcoholic, controlled by and addicted to alcohol - family Dagon.
- Then shall I be upright, and I shall be innocent from the great transgression (rebellion).
BACK TO: Perfecting of the Saints; Prophetic Counseling; EFI; THE EDIFIER
For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ, Ephesians 4:12
© 1990, Jacqueline L. Davis
WWW © 1999, EFI