METHOD OF DELIVERANCE
- Method of deliverance - proclaim liberty to the captives - give a garment of praise for a spirit of heaviness.
- Break all ancestral curses.
- Break all curses invoked on self for self and descendants.
- Break demonic inheritance caused by ancestral and self curses; and bind their interference in setting the person free.
- Deal with the wounded spirit of person desiring freedom (begin healing).
Explain temptations of I John 2:16; progression of sin in Psalm 19:12,13; and ranks of the Satanic kingdom in Ephesians 6:12.
- Identify number, rank, and names of demons involved to identify holes in person's defense shield.
- Ask permission of one seeking the deliverance to do the deliverance.
- Take authority given you by Jesus over the demons. Luke 10:19
- Bind manifestations other than surface identifications (example, in the facial manner, coughing, sighing, crying, yawning, etc.) and naming itself.
- Come against the powers first, commanding them to take their principalities with them when they leave.
- Command power to surface, usually one power at a time.
- Lead person in prayer of renouncing of demon and affirming Lordship of Jesus Christ.
- Command power to leave, again taking all their principalities with them.
- Maintain authority until demon has fled.
- If support personnel are present:
- They should pray in tongues accompanied with clapping until demon has surfaced.
- After demon has surfaced, they should praise until demon has fled.
- Clapping and praise are two things that demons do not like and they will flee quicker when this form of worship is added to a deliverance session.
- Come against the ruler after all his powers have fled.
- Powers are his army - without his army he has no support.
- In the event that multiple rulers are present:
- Divide powers under each ruler.
- Deliver one army at a time - ruler and his respective powers.
- Seal the deliverance with the Holy Spirit.
- Loose the Holy Spirit over the person delivered to fill every vacated place where demons left - to fill freshly cleaned house. Luke 11:24-26
- Counsel deliveree so that holes in personal wall that allowed entry of demons can be mended.
- Person must go up the progression of sin chart so that error can be identified and repented of - put off old man. Ephesians 4:22
- Memorize Bible verses that counter the weak areas, thereby renewing and strengthening the mind - put on the new man. Ephesians 4:23,24; Romans 12:1,2
I Samuel 15:22,23a - And Samuel said, 'Hath the Lord as great delight in burnt offerings and sacrifices, as in obeying the voice of the Lord? Behold, to obey is better than sacrifice, and to hearken than the fat of rams. For rebellion is as the sin of witchcraft, and stubbornness is as iniquity and idolatry. Because thou hast rejected the word of the Lord, He hath rejected thee from being king.'
- Idolatry 8655 teraphiym, family idol, image.
- Iniquity 205 aven, to pant (exert oneself, usually in vain) to come to naught, also trouble, vanity, wickedness, idol, unrighteous.
- Rebellion 4805 meriy, bitterness, rebellion.
- Stubbornness 6484 patsar, to peck at, stun or dull :- press, urge.
BACK TO: Perfecting of the Saints; Prophetic Counseling; EFI; THE EDIFIER
For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ, Ephesians 4:12
© 1982, Jacqueline L. Davis
WWW © 1999, EFI