TO THE CHIEF MUSICIAN
Ministers Of Worship
- Scripture reference:
- In the Old Testament the worship ministers were priests, Levites, and prophets.
- Purpose - to lead the people in praise, worship, and thanksgiving of God.
- Prophetic worship leaders:
- It is a calling to lead worship - need a call - the anointing that comes with the call.
- Need instruction to know how to reach each person's entire being for worship.
- Need to know the difference between the anointing on a song and the anointing on the musician, vocalist, dancer, and entertainer - the performer.
- Need to know the difference between talent and being professional, and being anointed and called.
- Having talent doesn't mean anointed.
- Having talent doesn't mean called.
- Need to know when the anointing on the song conflicts with the anointing of the performer.
- The performer can 'cap' the anointing on the song.
- And vice-versa, the performer can raise the anointing on the song.
- Need to know how to match the anointing on a song with the anointing of the performer.
- Need to know how to balance a worship service so that every design's heart is met.
- Need to know how to raise the worship from praise to thanksgiving to worship.
- Need to know each song's balance.
- Is it balanced in its focus?
- Is it rising, plateauing, cooling, or lowering the worship?
- Is it scriptural truth?
- Is it edifying, exhorting, and/or comforting?
- Is its focus praise, and/or thanksgiving, and/or worship?
- Need to know how to progress songs to serve the worship's focus?
- If using professional tapes - need to know if the song and/or tape is produced correctly - a highly anointed song can be ruined by bad production.
- Need to understand how to use orchestration for worship.
- Need to be able to recognize whether the performer is a stylist or a traditionalist.
- Stylists can not be easily followed in congregational (corporate) worship.
- Traditionalists are easy to follow for the corporate worship.
BACK TO: Perfecting of the Saints; To The Chief Musician; EFI; THE EDIFIER
For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ, Ephesians 4:12
© 1992, Jacqueline L. Davis
WWW © 1999, EFI