TO THE CHIEF MUSICIAN
The Worship Ministry Of Peter
I Chronicles 16:9,12-24
- I Chronicles 16:9 - Sing unto Him, sing songs unto Him, talk ye of all His wondrous works.
- Praise Him, praise Him - first and foremost Peter has a ministry of praise - a lifestyle of praise.
- Peter needs to testify to God's wonderful miracles - needs to testify in song and in conversation and in preaching and in teaching of the power of the Holy Spirit.
- I Chronicles 16:12 - Remember His marvelous works that He hath done, His wonders, and the judgments of His mouth.
- 'Remember His marvelous works that He hath done,'
- Peter needs to remember God's working in his life.
- Peter needs to cause people to remember God's working in their lives.
- Peter needs to testify of God's past works for others to believe God will work in their life also.
- 'Remember...His wonders,'
- Peter needs to remember God is a miracle worker.
- Peter needs to testify to the signs and wonders the Holy Spirit does.
- Peter needs to manifest signs and wonders and introduce people to the Holy Spirit.
- 'Remember...the judgments of His mouth.'
- Peter needs to remember God's judgments not his own.
- Peter needs to testify and teach what God's judgments really are.
- Peter is to illustrate God is judge, not man, in song and story and testimony.
- I Chronicles 16:13 - O ye seed of Israel His servant, ye children of Jacob, His chosen ones.
- Peter's message even in song needs to be corporate - the kingdom of God - the church.
- Peter needs to show forth servanthood.
- Peter needs to testify to being children of the king.
- Peter needs to illustrate the church as chosen of God (corporately chosen).
- I Chronicles 16:14 - He is the Lord our God; His judgments are in all the earth.
- 'He is the Lord our God;'
- God is our corporate God.
- God is God there is none other.
- 'His judgments are in all the earth.'
- God is judge.
- God's judgments are everywhere.
- God judges the earth and all on it.
- I Chronicles 16:15-17 - Be ye mindful always of His covenant; the word which He commanded to a thousand generations; Even of the covenant which He made with Abraham, and of His oath unto Isaac; And hath confirmed the same to Jacob for a law, and to Israel for an everlasting covenant.
- Peter is to remind people of God's covenant - that God is a covenant making and keeping God - and therefore worthy of praise.
- Peter shows God as a God that keeps His promises to His people.
- Peter shows us God fulfills His promises to generations that love Him.
- God sets His covenant in stone - it becomes law - which limits Him.
- God's covenant is everlasting - provokes reverence and honor for God.
- I Chronicles 16:18-19 - Saying, unto thee will I give the land of Canaan, the lot of your inheritance; when ye were but few, even few, and strangers in it.
- God's promises do not depend on man, but on God, Himself.
- God is the giver - man the receiver.
- God chooses man's inheritance, man's lot, man's country.
- Peter is to honor God as the giver - the gift giver.
- I Chronicles 16:20-22 - And when they went from nation to nation, and from one kingdom to another people; He suffered no man to do them wrong: yea, He reproved Kings for their sakes, saying, 'Touch not my anointed, and do my prophets no harm.'
- God leads the nation and protects His people.
- Peter must show God as protector, valiant warrior.
- God allowed no one to harm Israel - Peter shows God as protector, defender - His strength.
- God judged kings for His people's sake - Peter testifies that God will judge leadership for His people's sake.
- 'Touch not my anointed,'
- God anoints men and women.
- God orders men to respect His anointed ones.
- God warns man not to touch those He anoints.
- Peter reminds us the anointing is God's - He is the giver of anointing - Power is from God.
- 'And do my prophets no harm.'
- Prophets belong to God - He calls them.
- God warns against harming His called ones.
- I Chronicles 16:23 - Sing unto the Lord, all the earth; shew forth from day to day His salvation.
- 'Sing unto the Lord, all the earth;'
- Sing - praise God - everyone.
- All the earth - all creation - needs to sing God's praises.
- 'Shew forth from day to day His salvation.'
- Manifest God's salvation daily.
- Praise daily.
- Preach God's salvation - He is a saving God.
- I Chronicles 16:24 - Declare His glory among the heathen; His marvelous works among all nations.
- 'Declare His glory among the heathen,'
- Preach about God to the unsaved.
- Preach about God's love.
- Show His love to the unsaved.
- 'His marvelous works among all nations.'
- Manifest His power everywhere.
- Signs and wonders shown to the world.
- Peter is to show forth God in all His power and testify to His power in worship.
- Peter's worship.
- God is worthy.
- God is powerful.
- God is judge.
- God is ruler of all the earth.
- God has a kingdom.
BACK TO: Perfecting of the Saints; To The Chief Musician; EFI; THE EDIFIER
For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ, Ephesians 4:12
© 1992, Jacqueline L. Davis
WWW © 1999, EFI