TO THE CHIEF MUSICIAN
Principles Of Worship - Whole Being Involvement
- Psalm 103:1 - Bless the Lord, O my soul: and all that is within me, bless His holy name.
- Man has to choose to worship God.
- Man chooses to bless or curse God and/or man.
- Man chooses to bless with his strength and/or his soul and/or his heart.
- Man has to order his being to worship after he has made his choice to worship.
- Man should address each/all parts of his being to comply with the decision of his heart.
- Psalm 38:10 - My heart panteth, my strength faileth me: as for the light of mine eyes, it also is gone from me.
- 'My heart panteth,'
- The heart longs - it needs to find its longing in God.
- Every man has a heart that needs to worship God.
- It is Paul's role to touch the heart and lead it in worship of God.
- 'My strength faileth me:'
- The strength of the body will fail, if the body does not find its strength in God.
- The joy of the Lord is our strength.
- It is Peter's role to lead man physically into worship of God.
- 'As for the light of mine eyes, it also is gone from me.'
- The light of the eyes - means the soul - is dark without God.
- Every soul must find its light in God and bless God for the finding.
- It is John's role to bring light to the soul and lead man's soul into worship of God.
- Principles for worship leaders.
- Worship leaders need to be sure they address the whole being of each individual.
- Songs need to be selected so that every person's whole being is ministered to.
- Songs that address the body, soul, and heart should be used in every worship service.
- Corporately - they need to have a good balance of songs so that each design's heart is also ministered to.
Psalm 118:28,29 - Thou art my God, and I will praise thee: thou art my God, I will exalt thee. O give thanks unto the Lord; for He is good: for His mercy endureth forever.
- 'Thou art my God, and I will praise thee:'
- Peter needs to praise God.
- Peter needs to know that he is God's servant.
- Praise needs to motivate Peter physically.
- 'Thou art my God, I will exalt thee:'
- Paul needs to exalt God - give Him all the glory.
- Paul needs to know he is God's slave, property.
- Exaltation needs to pull from Paul's heart a love of God response.
- 'O give thanks unto the Lord; for He is good:'
- John needs to know the goodness of God.
- John needs to give thanks to the Lord for His goodness - be grateful to God.
- Thankfulness needs to flood John's soul.
- 'For His mercy endureth forever.'
- All need to know of God's mercy toward them.
- All need to worship Him for His mercy.
BACK TO: Perfecting of the Saints; To The Chief Musician; EFI; THE EDIFIER
For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ, Ephesians 4:12
© 1992, Jacqueline L. Davis
WWW © 1999, EFI