THE WAY OF THE CROSS
TRAITS OF THE BABY
'little children' - teknion 5040 - infant
- Galatians 4:19 - My little children, of whom I travail in birth again until Christ be formed in you.
- I John 2:1a - My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not.
- I John 2:12 - I write unto you, little children, because your sins are forgiven you for His Name's sake.
- I John 2:28 - And, now, little children, abide in Him; that, when He shall appear, we may have confidence, and not be ashamed before Him at His coming.
- I John 3:6 - Whosoever abideth in Him sinneth not: whosoever sinneth hath not seen Him, neither known Him.
- I John 3:7 - Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as He is righteous.
- I John 3:18 - My little children, let us not love in word, neither in tongue; but in deed and in truth.
- I John 4:1-4 - Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world. Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God. And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world. Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them; because greater is He that is in you, than he that is in the world.
- I John 5:21 - Little children keep yourselves from idols.
LESSONS THE SPIRITUAL BABY IS TO LEARN:
- Abide in Him - sin not - learn what sin is.
- Confidence - not ashamed.
- Love in deed and truth.
- Sin - haven't seen/known Jesus.
- Father forgives sin.
- Keep away from idols.
- Let no man deceive you - try every spirit.
- Do righteousness - is righteous.
- You belong to God not idols.
- Holy Spirit teaching Jesus.
- Advocate with the Father.
- Greater than satan.
TRAITS OF THE SPIRITUAL BABY:
- Teachable - asks a lot of questions.
- Simple - believes everything.
- Full of faith and zeal.
- Puts everything into mouth that can touch.
- Easy to deceive.
- Spoiled - wants own way - NOW!
BACK TO: Perfecting of the Saints; Way of the Cross; EFI; THE EDIFIER
For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ, Ephesians 4:12
© 1981, Jacqueline L. Davis
WWW © 1999, EFI