THE WAY OF THE CROSS
TRAITS OF THE FATHER
'father' - pater 3962 - father or parent
- I John 2:13a,14a - I write to you, fathers, because ye have known Him from the beginning.. I write to you, fathers, because ye have known Him from the beginning.
- I John 2:3-6 - And hereby we do know that we know Him, if we keep His command-ments. He that saith, 'I know Him, and keepeth not His commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him. But whoso keepeth His word, in him verily is the love of God perfected: hereby know we that we are in Him. He that saith he abideth in Him ought himself also to walk, even as He walked.
- I John 2:9-11 - He that saith that he is in the light, and hateth his brother is in darkness even until now. He that loveth his brother abideth in the light, and there is none occasion of stumbling in him. But he that hateth his brother is in darkness and walketh in darkness and knoweth not wither he goeth, because that darkness hath blinded his eyes.
- John 14:23 - If a man love Me, he will keep My words: and My Father will love him and We will come unto him, and make Our abode with him.
- John 14:6,7,8b - Jesus saith unto him, 'I am the way, the truth, and the life, no man cometh unto the Father but by Me. If ye had known Me, ye should have known My Father also: and from henceforth ye know Him, and have seen Him...he that hath seen Me hath seen the Father.'
- Philippians 3:10 - That I may know Him, and the power of His resurrection, and the fellowship of His sufferings, being made conformable unto His death.
- *Hebrews 5:13,14 - For every one that useth milk is unskilled in the word of righteous-ness: for he is a babe. But strong meat belongeth to them that are of full age, even those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil.
- I Corinthians 4:15 - For though ye have ten thousand instructors in Christ, yet have ye not many fathers; for in Christ Jesus I have begotten you through the gospel.
- Proverb 16:32 - He that is slow to anger is better than the mighty; and he that ruleth his spirit than he that taketh a city.
- Colossians 3:21 - Fathers, provoke not your children to anger, lest they be discouraged.
LESSONS THE SPIRITUAL FATHERS SHOULD LEARN:
- Know the Father - because they know Jesus - know = intimately realize and completely understand and appreciate.
- Keep His commandments - love of God perfected.
- Abide in Him - walk as He walked.
- Abide in light - love brother - abide in darkness if hate brother.
- Holy Spirit teaching Jesus - what love really is - Jesus is love personified.
TRAITS OF THE SPIRITUAL FATHER:
- Knows Fatherhood of God.
- God is all in all.
- Learning to know the mind of God.
- Can reproduce growth in others.
- Can reproduce victory in others.
- Word becomes heart knowledge not just head knowledge.
- Properly relates to family of God.
- Loves God's family - essence - love of the brethren.
- Understands growth levels and deals with members accordingly.
- Understands gifts and allows members to learn and grow and make mistakes.
- Right with God and right with God's children.
BACK TO: Perfecting of the Saints; Way of the Cross; EFI; THE EDIFIER
For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ, Ephesians 4:12
© 1981, Jacqueline L. Davis
WWW © 1999, EFI