Phase three - truth - growth in love - bond of perfectness - peace rules the heart - thankfulness. Love = trust, truth; love = peace, to agree; quietness (rest, calm) and assurance (ensure - make sure, certain, safe, secure). Isaiah 32:17
Colossians 3:14,15 - And above all these things put charity (love), which is the bond of perfectness, and let the peace of God rule in your hearts to the which also ye are called in one body; and be ye thankful.
- Designs in phase three - perfection.
- John - to rely on the truth - believe and have faith - will be gentle and quiet - free from irritation (to excite impatience, anger, or displeasure: annoy. syn: exasperate, nettle, provoke, roil or rile, peeve, irritate).
- Paul - to place the keeping of himself, commit himself (abandon himself) to God - entrust and love - will be calm and full of peace (peaceable) - free from reactions to disturbances (interference with one's mental processes to throw into disorder, to destroy, to destroy the peace, to interfere with, interrupt). Instead of reactor becomes responder.
- Peter - to be confident - have hope - will find rest and stillness - free from agitation (to drive, give motion to, disturb).
- Process of phase three - perfection - using Revelation 3:18.
- Revelation 3:18 - I counsel thee to buy of me gold tried in the fire, that thou mayest be rich: and white raiment, that thou mayest be clothed, and that the shame of thy nakedness do not appear: and anoint thy eyes with eyesalve, that thou mayest see.
- Heart purified - gold purified in the fire - perfect love casts out fear - fear was first effect of sin = love is the gold.
- John - fear base - have no value - based on what see, what own, what comforts. TRUTH - God gives John favor, are beloved by Him, value - apple of His eye, precious to Him.
- Paul - fear base - have no acceptance, hated without a cause - based on what people say or do to them. TRUTH - God gives Paul righteousness (acceptance - right relationship to Himself).
- Peter - fear base - performance failure - base worth on whether performance meets their standards. TRUTH - God gives Peter might, power to do according to God's standards - God judges Peter as worthy.
- Soul braided - eyesalve - clear eyesight from prism to clear, transparent lens - eye made 'single' = light is the eyesalve.
- Ephesians 1:18a - The eyes of your understanding be enlightened;
- Matthew 6:22,23 - The light of the body is the eye: If therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light. But if thine eye be evil, thy whole body shall be full of darkness. If therefore the light that is in thee be darkness, how great is that darkness.
- The eye of the body is the soul.
- Light shows in the soul.
- If the soul is fractured the light is darkness and can be seen in the natural eyes.
- If the soul is single (braided) the light is light (enlightened) - this can be seen in the natural eyes.
- Designs with single eyes.
- John - soul full of truth - heart strong in faith and belief. RESPECT
- Paul - soul full of grace - heart strong in love. ESTEEM - IMPORTANCE
- Peter - soul full of mercy - heart strong in hope and valor. HONOR
- Body clothed with white raiment = life.
- Single eye fills the body with light.
- When the heart is pure and the soul is single - light floods the body - this light quickens the body with life.
- Romans 8:11 - But if the Spirit of Him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, He that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by His Spirit that dwelleth in you.
- Colossians 3:1-3 - If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God. Set your affections on things above, not on things on the earth. For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God.
- Light in the soul brings life to the body - clothing it with white (light) raiment (life).
- Designs in life.
- John - will spread favor around - letting people know they are accepted in the beloved - will purify slander and accusations - will be a well of truth.
- Paul - will love people - showing Father God's heart - will be a love feast - allowing people to eat and drink his passion at will - will be personal with people.
- Peter - will be valiant warrior - strong and powerful with anointings - protecting the body of Christ - and equipping it with strength.
Reference: What Shall This Man Do, Watchman Nee
BACK TO: Perfecting of the Saints; Growth Processes; EFI; THE EDIFIER
For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ, Ephesians 4:12
© 1992, Jacqueline L. Davis
WWW © 1999, EFI